The University of Salamanca and Iberdrola have signed an agreement of intentions leading to the configuration of the first of these Chairs, the “Eighth Centenary Iberdrola Chair”, whose sphere of action will be the analysis and viability of technologies and business models for a world of decarbonized electrical energy.
The Chair is conceived as a unit for research, teaching, and knowledge transfer, established on the basis of the temporary hiring of three researchers in line with the stipulations of the Act for Science, Technology and Innovation.
- One Distinguished Researcher, who will direct the Eighth Centenary Iberdrola Chair.
- One Post-doctoral Researcher who will have a contract of incorporation to the Spanish System of Science and Technology and a salary of Assistant Professor with Ph.D. (Profesor Ayudante Doctor).
- One pre-doctoral researcher with a salary of Research Assistant (Ayudante).
All the contracts will be for two years, which can be extended for another two years if the work carried out has been assessed positively. To this end the University will establish an assessment committee that will take into consideration the reports made by the Distinguished Researcher, the person’s publications and their quality, the projects and contracts granted, as well as their nature and amount of financing, and if applicable, the patents developed.
The Distinguished Researcher will form part of the selection committees of the post-doctoral and pre-doctoral researchers for the Eighth Centenary Chair she or he is in charge of, as well as forming part of the assessment committee.
The Distinguished Researcher, the post-doctoral researcher and the pre-doctoral researcher will be able to teach in both undergraduate and Master’s studies, a maximum of 8 teaching credits per academic year in the first two cases and 6 credits in the third case. This teaching will not count in the calculation of teaching activity in areas of knowledge of the University of Salamanca.
Stability for the Distinguished Researcher: If after the four years of the contract the job-holder has been evaluated favorably, and as long as the researcher has the necessary academic accreditation, the University will announce a position opening for Professor or Full Professor that the Distinguished Researcher can apply for in the thematic area or profile related to the Chair’s sphere of action and within the limits established by law.
Stability for the post-doctoral researcher: If after the four years of the contract the job-holder has been evaluated favorably, and as long as the researcher has the necessary academic accreditation, the University will announce a position opening for Associate Professor (Profesor Contratado Doctor) which the researcher can apply for in accordance with the stipulations of the Act for Science, Technology and Innovation. The University may also announce a position opening for another type of Associate Professor (Profesor Titular) which the researcher may apply for as long as he or she has the necessary accreditation and within the limits established by law.
Continuance of the pre-doctoral researcher: If after the four years of the contract the job-holder has been evaluated favorably, and as long as the researcher has the necessary academic accreditation, the University will announce a position opening for Assistant Professor with Ph.D. (Profesor Ayudante Doctor) which the researcher can apply for.
For equipment, infrastructure, and perishable material, the Chair is endowed with a maximum amount of €60,000 the first year, €30,000 the second year and €30,000 for the third and fourth years.
This aid will be financed by budgetary application 188297 / 324MN02
Open Call for the hiring of a Distinguished Researcher
Requirements: Applicants must be researchers of recognized prestige with leadership ability in research and in creating and managing research teams. At as minimum they must have merits similar to those required for accreditation as a Tenured University Professor or Lecturer (Profesor Titular de Universidad).
Application period and presentation of applications: The deadline for applications is May 15, 2017. The application should be handed in at the General Registry of the University on the standardized form available to those interested at the following website: http://investigacion.usal.es. Applicants who wish to present their application through the university’s electronic administration may do so at https://sede.usal.es/opencms/opencms/es, for which they will need an electronic signature certificate according to the instructions available at this same site.
All documents must also be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating on the subject line: “CALL FOR THE HIRING OF A DISTINGUISHED RESEARCHER FOR THE EIGHTH CENTENARY IBERDROLA CHAIR”.
- Photocopy of Official Identify Card or Passport.
- Application signed by the Researcher applying.
- Copy of the Ph.D. degree.
- Complete CV of the applicant in CVN format or similar (https://cvn.fecyt.es/editor/), including in a specific section the applicant’s publications of the last five years in journals included in the Journal of Citation Reports (JCR), projects, and research contracts signed in the last five years as well as any patents in force.
- Work plan: The work plan and its activities must be aligned with the thematic objective “Analysis and viability of technologies and business models for a world of decarbonized electrical energy”. The plan must contain at a minimum the following sections: Introduction, General Objective, Specific Objectives, Activities, Milestones, Dissemination, Transfer. The Work Plan should not exceed 10 pages and 8,000 words.
- Applicants are advised to contact research groups, departments or University Institutes with similar interests in order to join them or to guarantee the availability of space and installations.